|NAME||Amina Abdel-Hamid Mohamed|
|DATE OF BIRTH||28-5-1965|
Agriculture Genetic Engineering Research Institute
(AGERI), ARC, 9 Gamma St., Giza 12619, Egypt.
Work:(202) 5729057 – 5734424- 5739751
Fax: (202) 5689519 - 5731574.
JOB Head of the department of Molecular Genetics and Genome Mapping AGERI, ARC, Giza, Egypt.
SPECIALIZED IN Molecular Genetics and Genome Mapping (MGGM)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Sciences (Ph.D.), from theDepartment of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University, December 2001. The title of the Thesis is "Fingerprinting of maize inbred lines using molecular markers".
- Master of Science in Agriculture (M.Sc.), from the Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University, May 1994. The title of the Thesis is “Biochemical studies on maize”.
- B.Sc. in Agricultural Sciences, Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University in 1987.
3- AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
Molecular genetics, genome mapping using molecular markers
4- CAREER AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
Research Assistant at maize department in crops research institute, Agricultural Research Center (ARC) (1988-1989).
Research Assistant in Molecular Genetics & Genome Mapping Dept. (MGGM), Agricultural Genetic Engineering Research Institute (AGERI), Agriculture Research Center (ARC) (1990-1994).
Assistant Researcher in Molecular Genetics & Genome Mapping Dept. (MGGM), Agricultural Genetic Engineering Research Institute (AGERI), Agriculture Research Center (ARC) (1994-2001)
Researcher in Molecular Genetics & Genome Mapping Dept. (MGGM), Agricultural Genetic Engineering Research Institute (AGERI), Agricultural Research Center (ARC) (2001 ).
5- RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
- Structural Genomics of different molecular markers techniques: Random Amplified Polymorphism DNA polymerase chain reaction (RAPD-PCR), Simple Sequence Repeats (SSR), Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism (AFLP), Inter Simple Sequence Repeats (ISSR), Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (RFLP), Expressed Sequences Tags (EST) and Expressed Sequences Tags – Microsatellite (EST-SSR) and its applications in fingerprinting and genome mapping.
- Differential display –cDNA AFLP.
Transformation and gene cloning.
Biochemical analysis " isozyme – protein electrophoresis –etc..)
6- Teaching and training activities
- Participating in teaching and training in the following training courses:
Summer Training Course for undergraduate students – Biotechnology program – Faculty of Agric. - Cairo Univ. on "Molecular markers Techniques and Fingerprinting" Organized by AGERI, November, 2008.
Summer Training Course for undergraduate students – Biotechnology program – Faculty of Agric. - Cairo Univ. on "Molecular markers Techniques and Fingerprinting" Organized by AGERI, 5 - 16 August, 2007.
Training Course on "Molecular markers Technology and fingerprinting" Organized by UNETAD and AGERI, Held at AGERI (1-12th July 2007).
- Training Course on "Molecular markers Techniques and fingerprinting in Plants" Organized by AGERI. (17-26 Aug. 2005).
- Summer Training Course for Sudanese undergraduate students Organized by AGERI.(18-28 Aug. 2005).
Training Course on "Introduction to Molecular Biology Techniques" Organized by AGERI and AERI Institutional LINKAGE Project Midwest Universities consortium for international Activities (MUCIA) inc., University of Illinois.(17-28 April 2004).
Workshop on" Plant Tissue culture and Genetic Engineering". Held at AGERI, Under Arabic Council for the Post doctor and Scientific Research for the union Arabic University & AGERI (Sep. 28- Oct. 3, 2002)
Training course on" Detection of Genetically Modified Products using Molecular and Serological Techniques". Held at AGERI (February 3rd-March 7th, 2002).
Training Course on “Molecular Markers Technology and its Application” held at the Agriculture Genetic Engineering Research Institute (AGERI) (2 – 16 Feb., 2000).
Training course on “Introduction to Molecular Biology Techniques” held at the Agriculture Genetic Engineering Research Institute (AGERI) (3–7 Aug., 1997).
International training course on “Use of RFLP and PCR for Crop Improvement” held at the Agriculture Genetic Engineering Research Laboratory (NAGEL), (November 17-28, 1991).
B- Training courses attended
Workshop entitled: “Intellectual Property Rights and its Relation with the Biotechnology Research” convened by AGERI Giza Egypt (Jan, 1st – Feb 7th 2000).
Training Course on “Plant Molecular Biology Course” held at Egyptian Major Cereals Improvement Project (EMCIP) Laboratory, in the Agriculture Research Center (ARC) This training program was organized by "Ambassade de France Au Caire, Mission De Cooperation Scientifque Et Technique and Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University (25 Nov.-6 Dec., 1989).
- Workshop on "Public Sector Commercialization of GM Products I Developing Counties & Intellectual Property Management and Technology Transfer" Organized by MUCIA in collaboration with USAID, Held at AGERI, ARC, Egypt (27-28 January, 2008).
- Egyptian-German workshop: Better Plant for Better Life, AGERI, ARC, Egypt, 24 April, 2007.
- Symposium on " Trends in Biotechnology Research and Application" organized by AGERI in collaboration with AERI Institutional Linkage Project – MUCIA Inc., Univ. of Illinois Held at AGERI (January 11,2004).
- National Maize Program 6th Annual Workshop. Organized by Ministry of Agriculture and land reclamation .ARC. Field Crops Research institute National Maize program section Breeding Program "Using biotechnology in maize" May 2004 Giza Egypt.
- National Maize Program 5th Annual Workshop. Organized by Ministry of Agriculture and land reclamation. ARC. Field Crops Research institute National Maize program "Development of AFLP markers and genotyping of elite maize inbred lines" May 2003 Sakha, Egypt.
- "Genomics and Society" The Future Health of Africa Second Annual Conference of the Africa Genome Initiative Held at Mena House Hotel Giza- Egypt. Biotechnology and Agriculture 26-29 March 2004.
- Regional workshop on" Biosafety Development" at (AGERI) ARC. Sponsored by AGERI, USDA, ICARDA, ISESCO (15-18 April, 2002).
- Workshop on “Biosafety and the Release of Genetically Modified Organisms and Intellectual property Rights”, Cairo, Egypt (21- 25 January, 1994).
- Structural Genomics in Cotton Targeting important Agronomic Traits. (Contract No. 48 ) Start 2004 – 2008.
- Molecular characterization and isolation of pest resistance genes in Egyptian barley. (Contract No. 58 ) Start 2004 - 2008.
- Identification of some functional DNA sequences and their utilization for improving some economic traits in Egyptian buffalo. (Contract No. 344) start 2009-2011.
- Development of functional markers through association analysis of candidate genes for drought tolerance in Barley (Contract No. 535) Start 2010-2013.
- Adawy S. S., Ebtissam H.A. Hussein, M. M. Saker, Dina El-Khishin, Amina A. Mohamed and Hanaiya, A. El-Itriby (2005). AGERI Experience with Date Palm Molecular Fingerprinting Techniques. The International Workshop on True-To-Typeness of Date Palm Tissue Culture-Derived Plants. Morocco (23-25 May , 2005); pp 94-111.
- Adawy, S. S., M. M , Saker, Amina , A. EL Hamed and H. A EL-Itriby (2004). Genetic relationships of Upper Egypt date palm cultivars (Phoenix dactylifera L.) II- As revealed by AFLP markers.. Egypt. J. Genet and Cytology Proced. Int. Conf. Genet. Eng. and Appl., (April, 8-11) 181-195.
- Hussein, E. H., Amina A. Mohamed, S. Attia, S. S. Adawy (2006).Molecular characterization and genetic relationships among cotton genotypes I- RAPD, ISSR and SSR analysis. Arab J. of Biotech. Vol.9 (2), 313 -328.
- Dina A. El-Khishin, Amina Abdul Hamid, Gihan El Moghazy & Emad A. Metry (2009). Assessment of Genetically Modified Potato Lines Resistant to Potato Virus Y Using Compositional analysis and Molecular Markers, Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences, 5(3): 261-271.
- Dina A. El-Khishin, Ebtsam L. Belatus, Amina Abd El-Hamid and Khaled H. Radwan (2009). Molecular characterization of banana cultivars (Musa spp.) from Egypt using AFLP. Research Journal of Agriculture & Biological Sciences, 5(3): 272-279.
- El-Sayed, A.A.; A.M.O.El-Bawab; M.A.El-Moselhy; K.A.Amer;H.A.Ashmawy; M.Z.Shendy; Sh.I.Abaas; A.A.Eid; M.A.Mahmoud; M.A.Megahed; A.A.Badawy; Stifania. Grando; F.Capettini; Y.M.Abdel-Tawab:Sanaa, A. Mahafoz: R.A. Rizk and Amina, A. Mohamed(2011). Giza 135 a new wide adapted hull-less barley variety for all barley production areas in Egypt. Egypt. J. Plant Breed (15) 2:81-95.
- El-Sayed, A.A.; A.M.O.El-Bawab; M.A.El-Moselhy; K.A.Amer;H.A.Ashmawy; M.Z.Shendy; Sh.I.Abaas; A.A.Eid; M.A.Mahmoud; M.A.Megahed; A.A.Badawy; Stifania. Grando; F.Capettini; E.K.Gendy; A.M. Elkaramany; E.Mostafa and Amina, A. Mohamed (2011). Giza 136 a new high yielding and stable hull-less barley variety for irrigated areas in Egypt. Egypt. J. Plant Breed (15) 2: 39-50.
- Refaat M. A., Abd El-Hamed A., Abd-El-Sabour M. S. , Bekhet M. M. and el- Akkad T. A.(2012). Genetic diversity of wild and common bean (Phaseolus spp.) genotypes as revealed by RAPD and AFLP markers. Arab J. Biotech., Vol. 15, No. (2): 187-202.
- Nahla A. El-Sherif, Amina A. Mohamed, M.A. Saad, Hoda Barakat and Sara Aly (2014). Genetic variation in Egyptian white Lupin (Lupinus albus L.)genotypes based on combined data of ISSR and fluorescence- based AFLP markers.Egypt. J. Genet. Cytol.,43:1-23.