PhD NDSU, Fargo, ND, USA. 2010-2015
Major Field: Genetics – Molecular Plant Breeding.
Title: Molecular mapping of Fusarium Head Blight resistance in spring wheat.
M.Sc. Ain Shams University, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo, Egypt 2003-2007
Major Field: Genetics – Biotech Molecular Cytogenetic.
Title: Identification of fiber quality related gene families in Egyptian cotton.
B.Sc. Ain Shams University, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo, Egypt 1996-2000
Major Field: Genetics
North Dakota State University, Department of Plant Sciences, Fargo, ND, USA. 2008-2015
Teaching assistant / Principles of Forage Production course (PLSC-320) Fall 2014
- Use advanced intercommunication and English speaking skills through daily meetings with undergraduate students of different majors, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Develop skills to simplify complicated/scientific topics to students hearing about it for the first time.
- Manage equality skills between students especially for grading system.
- Achieve broad understanding to students with specific situations and provide help when necessary.
- Gain knowledge about Forage production and related terminology
Teaching assistant / Genetics lab (PLSC-315L) Spring 2013
- Utilize interpersonal and language skills to convince native language speakers of their class facts.
- Demonstrate new method of teaching to make students more interactive.
- Manage class in subgroup of students
- Solve problem logically and quietly for students facing problems during class.
Graduate research assistant / hard red spring wheat breeding program 2010-2015
- Help members of the program and technicians during field planting and harvesting.
- Organize layouts for field design and trials and GH at many locations in ND, USA.
- Manage time and efforts to get along with courses and practical experiments in the field and GH.
- Build priorities at due time base.
- Take responsibilities of huge number of populations and its nurseries nationally and internationally.
- Design and apply disease assessment under GH conditions in multiple years experiment.
- Manage pathogenic, phenotypic and genotypic data collection.
- Organize and manage high throughput data generated from multiple locations and years across field and GH experiments.
- Skilled SAS statistical programming and graphical representation.
- Solidify skills in quantitative genetics and quantitative trait loci (QTL) analysis.
- Modify mega-datasets using Microsoft excel and further analyze it using R and QTL Cartographer.
- Experienced to analyze advanced gene-based molecular markers (DArT and SNP) for genome-wide association and breeding selection applications.
- Mastered genetic mapping software programs
- Generate two genetic maps of two top-elite HRSW cultivars in ND, USA.
- Identify at least 60 major QTL based on these genetic maps.
Visiting Scientist / department of plant sciences, NDSU, USA Spring 2008
- Visited NDSU for three months to work on abiotic stresses in wheat plants
- Develop rates of drought regime on Wheat seedlings.
- My contribution to the program within these three months convinced Dr. Mohamed Mergoum (Leader of the HRSW) to offer me the PhD scholarship under his supervision.
Agricultural genetic engineering research institute (AGERI), Giza, Egypt 2002-present
Researcher assistant / laboratory of gene expression and regulation technology (GERT) 2002-2007
- Responsible to reserve the 25 plasmids/constructs on bacterial solid medium, liquid medium, glycerol and DNA lyophilized stocks.
- Practically trained to isolate DNA, RNA and protein from diverse organism samples especially plants.
- Affiliated to present research activities of GERT in national and international events and meetings.
- Used tissue culture techniques to maintain the regenerated cotton plants for ongoing research projects.
Assistant researcher / GERT, AGERI, Giza, Egypt 2007-2010
- Used transformation technologies in plant, bacteria and yeast including heat shock, electroporation and gene-gun to integrate foreign DNA into cells.
- Used advanced RT-PCR, positional cloning, gene annotations, gene modeling to identify new three fiber quality-related gene families from cotton.
- Constructed two physical genomic maps for two elite Egyptian cotton cultivars using bacterial artificial chromosomes (BAC) and P1-derived bacterial artificial chromosomes (PAC).
- Experienced isolation of plant micro-organelles such as nuclei, plastids, and mitochondria and separation of mega-sized DNA fragments.
- Mastered electrophoresis technologies including SDS poly-acrylamid gel (SDS-PAGE), pulsed field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) and Contour clamped horizontal field electrophoresis (CHEF).
- Mastered cloning, transformation and DNA manipulating techniques.
- Mastering internet/gene modeling, annotation and BLAST software.
- Mastering the bioinformatics tools online and software programs such as Lasergene.
- Mastering molecular mapping software programs such as Mapmaker, Carthagene, and Mapchart.
- Mastering QTL analysis software programs such as QTLCartographer and Qgene.
- Mastering R programming to analyze next generation sequencing data, mapping and genome-wide selection (GWS) breeding.
- Mastered GenomeStudio Polyploid Clustering Illumina software.
- Mastering computer applications, Mac, Windows, MS Office and others.
- Teaching assistant (TA) - Department of Plant Sciences, NDSU, ND, USA2013-2014
- Member of the American Society of Agronomy (ASA), Soil Science Society of America (SSSA), and Crop Science Society of America (CSSA) 2012-present
- Granted PhD-graduate research assistantship (GRA) - HRSW breeding program, department of plant sciences, NDSU, Fargo, ND, US. 2010-present
- Norman E. Borlaug international agricultural science and technology internship program, USA. Spring-2008
- Member of the national scientific group at AGERI, Egypt. 2004-2010
- Presidential Honored Mubarak Employment Award (PHMEA) - Egyptian Higher Education Consortium. Fall-2002
- Agricultural Expert, GERT, AGERI, Egypt Summer-2002
- Promoted to Assistant Researcher, GERT, AGERI, Egypt Fall-2007
- Promoted to Research Assistant, GERT, AGERI, Egypt 2007-2010
.Scientific Conferences, Meetings and Workshops
- Poster presentation, ASA, CSSA & SSSA meeting 2015 in Minnesota, MN, U.S 11-17 Nov. 2015
- Talk presentation, ASABE meeting 2015 in Fargo, ND, U.S 10-11April 2015
- Talk presentation, ASA, CSSA & SSSA meeting 2014 in Long Beach, California, U.S 2-5 Nov. 2014.
- Workshop in Minnesota State University for QTL analysis in Genome-wide selection and assisted plant breeding using molecular markers and R software Summer-2014.
- Talk presentation, national Fusarium head blight forum (NFHBF); organized by the U.S. wheat and barley scab initiative (USWBSI), Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 3-5 Dec. 2013
- Poster presentation, ASA, CSSA and meeting, Tampa, Florida 3-6 Nov. 2013
- Participate (Organizer), the 29th annual plant science graduate student symposium “Supporting Life Through Agricultural Innovation”, hosted by the plant sciences graduate student association, NDSU, Fargo, ND 22-23 Mar. 2013
- Participate in the international wheat genome sequencing consortium (IWGSC) in conjunction with the 22nd international Triticeae mapping initiative (ITMI) and 4th national wheat genomics committee as a joint workshop in Fargo, ND 24 Jun. 2012
- Attend Joint ICARDA/JICA training course on “Genetic Engineering of Plants and Detection of GMO’s”, ICARDA, Aleppo, Syria. August 2007
- First award for talk presentation, national symposium of biotechnology and genetic engineering hosted in AGERI, Egypt. April 2007
- Participate in the German–Egyptian workshop in biotechnology “from the gene to the product” held in the genetic engineering and biotechnology research institute (GEBRI), Sadat City, Egypt2003
- Two poster presentation, Biovision international conference, Alexandria, Egypt for the research activities achieved by GERT laboratoryApril 2002 and 2008
- Ahmed ElFatih ElDoliefy*, James A. Anderson, Karl D. Glover, Ajay Kumar, Raed Seetan, Shiaoman Chao, Elias M. Elias and Mohamed Mergoum. Consistent major QTL identified for FHB resistant in two population of hard red spring wheat. Plant Mol Bio (in preparation)
- Ahmed ElFatih ElDoliefy*, Karl D. Glover, James A. Anderson, Sujan Mamadi, Shiaoman Chao, Elias M. Elias, Mohamed Mergoum. “Parshall’: indigenous new FHB resistance source in North American spring wheat”. Theor Appl Genet (In preparation).
- Ahmed ElFatih ElDoliefy*, James A. Anderson, Karl D. Glover, Ajay Kumar, Shiaoman Chao, Elias M. Elias, Mohammed S. Alamri and Mohamed Mergoum. GLENN’ a new source of FHB-resistance in USA hard red spring wheat”. Theor Appl Genet (In preparation).
- Osama A. Momtaz, Ahmed ElFatih A. ElDoliefy*, Ashraf H. Fahmy and Ayman A. Diab. (2007). Comparativesequence analysis of actin related gene family isolated from Gossypium barbadense. World J. Agri. Sci., vol. 3; 1:130-39.
Arabic: Native language English: iBT (90/120) =580
1- Endowed Prof. Mohamed Mergoum, hard red spring (HRS) wheat breeder
2- University Distinguished Prof. Elias M. Elias, Durum wheat breeder
3- Wheat Endowed Ass. Prof. Senay Simsek, HRS wheat end quality.
4- Ass. Prof. Cai Xiwen, Wheat genetics and cytology,
Phone: (612) 624-4155 Fax: (651) 649-5054; Room CDL6; UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA;1551 LINDIG; SAINT PAUL, MN, 55108-6086.