Ismail Mohamed Ismail Mohamed
Title: Researcher, Microbial Molecular Biology Dept.
Ismail Mohamed is a Researcher in Microbial Molecular Biology. He graduated from Botany and microbiology Department, Faculty of Science, Al-Azhar University. He obtained his M.sc. and Ph.D. in Microbiology (Molecular biology) from Faculty of Science, Al-Azhar University.
Research Activities and Research Projects:
- The main focus of Ismail laboratory on Basic microbiology, Molecular biology, Microbial molecular biology and Plant microbe interaction.
- I was involved in a project, studies on molecular interactions between Ralstonia solanaceraum, the causative agent of potato brown rot, and Solanum tuberosum.
- I was involved in a project of the Program of the National Strategy for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering entitled “Production of Genetically Modified Potato Resistant to Blight Diseases”.
- I was involved in a project, Impact of transgenic Bt-potato lines on the environment and human health.
- I was involved in a project, Monitoring of Bacillus thuringiensis resistance gene (s) in cotton leaf worm.
- Isolation and identification of different bacterial isolates which have biological activity using traditional microbiology and molecular biology tools, like 16sRNA genes…etc.
- Isolation, Molecular Characterization and Expression Analysis of plant antifungal genes.
List of Publications
1. I. M. Ismail, M. A. Ibrahim, E. A. Metry, T. M. Naser EL-Dine and S. A. Mostafa (2006) Phenotypic and Genotypic Analysis of some Egyptian isolates of Ralstonia solanacearum Egypt. J. Genet. Cytol., 35 (1), 1-17.
- b-1, 3 Glucanase from blight resistant and susceptible potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) cultivars.Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 3 (12): 1960-1968.
3. M.I. Abd Elhamid, H.E. Makboul, M.Z. Sedik, I. M. Ismail andM.A. Ibrahim (2010) Cloning, Expression and Antifungal Activity of an Endochitinase Gene Derived from Barley (Hordeum Vulgare). Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences, 6 (3): 356-363.
4. M. M. A. Mahmoud, I. M. Ismail, M. K. Amin, A. H. Fayed and S. A. Mostafa (2011) Isolation and Identification of Novel local Isolates of Bacillus thuringiensis Active against Red Palm Weevil (RPW). Egypt. J. Genet. Cytol., 40 (7), 337-350.
5. A. Mohammed, E. Metry,I. M. Ismail,H. El-Shishtawy, GH. A. Gad elkarim and T. Nasr El-Din (2014) Evaluation of Transgenic Potato lines resistance to Potato Tuber Moth, Phthorimaea operculella (Zeller). Egypt. J. Genet. Cytol., 43 (1), 173-186.