The department of Genome Mapping is a lead department engaged in a wide range of research branches, including Genome Mapping, Molecular Biology and Molecular Cytogenetics. The mission of the department include:
- Germplasm conservation, molecular characterization and finger printing for different Egyptian plants/crops.
- Construction of QTL maps for many economic crops in Egypt and localize QTLs controlling economically important traits such as biotic and abiotic resistant/tolerance, yield, flowering, sex-determination... etc.
- Development of initial marker assisted selection systems for important traits
- Structural genomics targeting important agronomic traits .
- Knowledge transfer to scientists through participating in national and international training courses in molecular biology and biotechnology.
Department Staff Members:-
Prof. Dr. Samy Adawy
Dr. Amina Abde-Hamid ( Head of Department )
Dr. Basem Abdel-Gawad
Dr. Mohamed Atteia
Dr. Shafik Darwish
Departement Staff Members Abroad :-
Prof. Dr. Ayman A. Diab
Dr. Mohamed Abd El-sadek